NBA Accreditation for Two years to UG Engineering Programs- Civil Engineering w.e.f: 1 July 2014
VISION: "To become a pace-setting center of excellence acclaimed across the region & imitated as a role model by its peers.”
MISSION: ”To elevate technical, social, entrepreneurial & communication skills of its students so as to scale up their employability potential, encourage the spirit of enterprise in them & nurture responsible citizens.”
Department of Civil Engineering, having an intake capacity of 180 students per year, was established in 1983, the year of inception of the institute. This core sector branch comprises of specialized subjects like Surveying, Irrigation Engineering, Building Construction, Structural Engineering, and Geotechnical Engineering & Environmental Engineering etc. The department started M E Environmental Engineering (Part-Time) with seven seats in 1995. M E Structural Engineering (Full-Time) was started in 2009 with eighteen seats. The department has fully equipped laboratories. The Environmental Engineering lab is recognized for Doctoral Research by S G B Amravati University.
The teaching faculty is a judicious blend of youth and experience. The department, through its faculty members, is actively involved in consultancy, interaction with government and other agencies. The Civil Department has developed a couple of models of low cost houses and has provided consultancy in the fields of Rain Water Harvesting, Underground Drainage System, Retrofitting etc. During last three years earnings through consultancy and testing have exceeded Rs Twenty Five Lakhs.
Department looks after overall development of its students. As a result of these efforts students from the department consistently perform well in academics, sports and other activities. Students participate actively and excel in technical seminars, workshops, sports etc. The department has been pro-active in interaction with the industry to familiarize the students and faculty with the latest technologies and trends.
Most of the teaching faculty members are life members of Indian Society for Technical Education and Institute of Engineers. The department also encourages the students to become members of professional bodies like Institution of Engineers.
Program Educational Objectives and Program Outcomes: Click to download
1. Preparation: To strive for overall personality development of students so as to nurture not only quintessential technocrats but also responsible citizens.
2. Core Competence: To make the students apply the necessary problem-solving, design, and application skills for successful careers in Civil Engineering.
3. Breadth: To provide the educational foundation and communication skills that prepare the students for diverse career paths.
4. Professionalism: To inculcate the value systems & ethics, leadership and team work skills, bring holistic development of personality and to promote entrepreneurial thinking among students.
5. Learning environment: To provide students with an environment that develops confidence and stimulates innovative thinking for successful professional career.
6. Creating a Dream: To make every student dream. Dream about a government /private sector job or dream about higher studies or dream about becoming an entrepreneur.
7. Employment avenues: In a fast changing global village, to make the students aware of the potential areas offering employment and to encourage them to take up higher studies.
Program Outcomes (PO)
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
(b) An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data.
(c) An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs with in realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
(d) An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
(e) An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
(f) An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
(g) An ability to communicate effectively.
(h) The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
(i) The recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
(j) The knowledge of contemporary issues.
(k) An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
(l) The confidence & ability to integrate the above outcomes for turning in to an entrepreneur.
Links to Syllabus
| Arsenic Removal From Water By Low Cost Natural Adsorbents.
| Dr N W Ingole
| Design Of R.C.C Shear Wall.
| Dr P S Pajgade
| Effect Of Fire On Compressive Strength Of Concrete.
| Prof A R Mundhada
| Arsenic Removal From Ground Water By Low Cost Adsorbents.
| Prof M.Iqbal
| Stabilization Of B.C Soil Using Ground Nut Shell Ash.
| Prof R Y Kale
| Design Of Water Distribution System.
| Prof P A Kadu
| Yield Calculation At Purna Medium Project.
| Prof S D Bonkile
| Development Of Aakash Apps For Design Of RCC Building Components.
| Prof. S.G.Adhau
| Performance Of Poly Propylene Fiber Reinforced Concrete.
| Prof M V Mohod
|Analysis and Design Of G+3 Residential Building By Using STAAD PRO As Well As Manual.|| Prof M Shahezad
| Experimental Study On Effect Of Metakaolin And Slag On Conventional Concrete.
| Prof M A Banarase
| Design Of R.C. Building (G+ 4) By Using Staad Pro And Manual Calculation.
| Prof Riyaz Sameer
| Cellular Light Weight Concrete (CLC) - A New Approach To Construction Materials.
| Prof S R Band
| Monitoring Of Water Treatment Plant From First Unit To Last Unit.
| Prof S S Vinchurkar
Civil Engineering Department has signed Memorandum of Understanding with
- Dr. Fixit Institute Of Structural Protection & Rehabilitation, Mumbai.
- Gannon Dunkerley&Co.,Ltd., Chakala, Andheri (East), Mumbai- 400093
- Plasti Surge Industries Pvt. Ltd., Amravati
- Sanjay Nagpure And Associates, Nawathe Nagar, Badnera Road, Amravati
- S.J.Consultancy, Structural Designer, Planner & Builder, Dahane Nagar, Amravati.
- Maharudra Associates, Malviya Complex, Rathi Nagar, Amravati
- Office Of The Executive Engineer, Irrigation Project Investigation Division, Amravati
- Maharastra Rural Health Development Association, University Road, Amravati-444602
- Umap Builders And Developers, Keche Complex, Rathi Nagar, Amravati
- Gannon Dunkerley & Co., Ltd . A-501, Business Souare, 151,Andheri (East)Kurla Road,Chakala, Mumbai-400093
- Office of the Executive Engineer, Irrigation Project Investigation Division, Amravati
- Tata Housing Development Company Limited, Mumbai.